According to Decree-Law no. 266/2007 of July 24, more specifically in article 16 – the employer must provide specific training appropriate to workers exposed or susceptible to exposure to asbestos dust or asbestos-containing materials.
862 – Health and Safety at Work
With the development of the Training Course for Removal of Fibroceutical – Asbestos it is intended to prepare the professionals who work in this segment of the market according to the requirements defined by decree-law n. 266/2007. This qualification system aims to improve the safety conditions of workers who operate with this type of materials.
- Know the legal and technical procedures in accordance with Administrative Rule 40/2014;
- Know the safety measures applicable in the removal of asbestos;
- Identify measures to safeguard the safety of workers who remove asbestos;
- Know the measures to be taken during demolition work, demolition of buildings and removal of asbestos or asbestos-containing materials from facilities, structures and buildings, transportation, treatment and disposal of RCDA and deposition of waste in landfills authorized for RDCA
- Asbestos properties and their health effects, including the synergistic effect of smoking;
- Types of products or materials likely to contain asbestos;
- Operations that may lead to exposure to asbestos dust or asbestos-containing materials and the importance of prevention measures in minimizing exposure;
- Safe professional practices, controls and protective equipment;
- Function of the respiratory protection equipment choice, correct use and limitations of the same;
- Emergency procedures;
- Transportation, treatment and disposal of RCDA and deposition of waste in authorized landfills;
- Requirements for medical surveillance.
The training methodology is predominantly participatory and is based on the realization of practical situations, analysis of concrete situations, as well as on the exchange of experiences between the participant and the trainer.
The methods to be used will be the exhibition and participative / active.
Initial Vocational Training
Classroom training organized in class
Initial Diagnostic Assessment
At the beginning of the training course, the respective trainer (a) will carry out a diagnostic evaluation, with the objective of assessing the trainees’ initial competences in the area of Removal of asbestos fibers, already acquired through experience or other learning contexts informal or non-formal. This initial diagnostic evaluation will be carried out through the oral and / or written application of a set of questions to the trainees in order to highlight the skills already acquired.
Its objective is to monitor / control the progress of the learners’ learning in the field of knowledge so that the pedagogical objectives of the action can be achieved and the individual rhythms respected. Continuous assessment will focus on how each trainee achieved the pedagogical objectives related to the training course.
- The evaluation parameters correspond to the specific objectives of the course, being compulsory the evaluation of the course through the application of an instrument of individual evaluation written and the authorship of the trainer;
- It is compulsory to deliver to the Coordinator evaluation tests, grid and correction criteria and quotations up to five days before the start of the course and its return until five days after the conclusion of the course by the intervening trainer;
- The use will depend on a result of greater than or equal to 10. If there are situations where the results are less than 10, a remediation measure will have to be applied; Rating scale to use: 0 to 20 values.
- Behavior Observation of the Trainee – The trainer will promote the observation of the trainee’s behavior through a specific form, taking into account the parameters participation, responsibility, interpersonal relations, attendance and punctuality. If the trainer considers that the behavior of a trainee in the referred parameters is not adequate, he / she must report the occurrence of the occurrence in a separate file – Record of Occurrences – and immediately communicate the situation to the coordinator.
The follow-up to training is continuous, both at the place of training under the figure of the trainer and at the level of pedagogical coordination. During the training there will be at least one evaluation of the action, by the trainees, through the application of a questionnaire. At the end of the course you will also be evaluated by the trainer. The trainers will be evaluated at the end of each module, also through the application of a survey of their performance.
It will be considered a successful grade whenever the trainee obtains a final grade of 10 or more (on a scale of 0 to 20) and has an effective frequency of 80% or more of the workload course. The successful attendance gives the trainee the right to receive a Vocational Training Certificate.
Entitlement to the certificate shall include:
- Achievement in continuous assessment;
- The attendance is equal to or greater than 80% of the total hours of the training action;
- The appropriate behavior (taking into account the following parameters: participation, responsibility, interpersonal relations and punctuality)
According to the needs detected at the level of resources to be used by the trainers, these will be requested by the same. With regard to the necessary facilities and equipment, both resources will be identified and requested, if necessary, through the Equipment and Spacesheet.
- Manual of all training units developed;
- Training support exercises;
- Other support material produced by the trainer.
- Entries will be accepted in order of completion, provided that the individual files are complete and the registration (in applicable cases) pays.
The training action will be carried out by trainers who, having been duly certified under the legislation in force – holders of the Certificate of Professional Competence (previous CAP), have in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge on the topics to be addressed and have at least 2 years of training experience in the area.