The Safety Course in the Driving of Forklifts and Mobile Cranes comes as a response to the duty of companies to provide their workers and their representatives with adequate training in the field of safety, hygiene and health at work in relation to the work equipment used for the job and the exercise of high-risk activities, according to article 8 of Decree-Law no. 50/2005 of 25 February, as well as in article 32 in item 1, self-propelled work equipment may only be conducted by workers properly enabled.
862 – Health and Safety at Work
Improvement of the professional skills of each trainee, allowing participants to know the general process of driving a forklift truck and the adjacent standards of safety and accident prevention that are at the basis of driving a vehicle of this nature.
As specific objectives, it is intended that at the end of the training action the trainees are able to:
- Know the legal requirements applicable to forklifts;
- Identify the main requirements for driving forklifts.
- Know safety rules when driving forklifts.
- Identify and eliminate the main risks when driving forklifts;
- Maneuver and drive forklift trucks safely in accordance with HSW standards.
- Legislation applied- Decree-Law 50/2005 of February 25
- Mechanical Aspects of the Forklift
- Requirements for the driver role of forklift trucks and their professional training.
- Safety standards and procedures for the handling of forklifts.
- Sensitization in HST.
- Causes of accidents.
- Mechanical handling of loads – Risks and prevention measures.
- Regulations for the driver.
The training methodology is predominantly participatory and is based on the realization of practical situations, analysis of concrete situations, as well as on the exchange of experiences between the participant and the trainer.
The methods to be used will be the exhibition and participative / active.
Continuing professional training, not included in the National Qualifications Catalog.
Classroom training organized in a training room
Evaluation methodology based on the participation and involvement of the trainees in the resolution of the problems related to the work and practical exercises, in order to evaluate the acquisition, understanding and practical application of the contents, as well as the achievement of the pedagogical objectives.
Initial Diagnostic Assessment
At the beginning of the training action will be carried out, by the respective trainer, a diagnostic evaluation, with the objective of assessing the initial competencies of the trainees. This evaluation can be applied orally, through a set of questions asked to the trainees that allow to verify possible competences already acquired.
Its objective is the monitoring / control of the learning progress of the trainees in the field of knowledge, so that the pedagogical objectives of the action can be achieved, respecting the individual rhythms. Continuous assessment will focus on how each trainee met the pedagogical objectives for each module.
- The evaluation parameters correspond to the specific objectives;
- The existence and delivery of evaluation tests and / or grading and correction criteria is mandatory;
- The performance will depend on a result of greater or equal to 10 values;
- Behavior Observation of the Trainee – The formative entity will promote throughout the formation the observation of the behavior of the trainee, through its own form, taking into account the parameters participation, responsibility, interpersonal relations and punctuality. If the trainer considers that the behavior of a trainee in the referred parameters is not adequate, he / she should report the occurrence of the occurrence in a separate file – Record of Occurrences – and immediately report the situation to the coordination.
The follow-up to the training is continuous, either at the place of training under the figure of the Trainer or at the level of pedagogical coordination.
During the training there will be at least one evaluation of the action, by the trainees, through the application of a questionnaire. At the end of each module the action will also be evaluated by the trainer.
The trainers will be evaluated at the end of each module, also through the application of a survey of their performance.
It will be considered a successful grade whenever the trainee obtains a final grade of 10 or more (on a scale of 0 to 20) and has an effective frequency of 95% or more of the total course workload. The successful attendance gives the trainee the right to receive a Professional Training Certificate with an overall final mark resulting from the final evaluation average of all modules.
Entitlement to the certificate shall include:
- Evaluation in all modules;
- Achievement in continuous assessment;
- The attendance is equal to or greater than 95% of the total hours of the training action;
- The appropriate behavior (taking into account the following parameters: participation, responsibility, interpersonal relations and punctuality)
- Writing board
- Training support exercises (where applicable)
- Other support material produced by the trainer (when applicable).
At the level of the frequency requirements for the course the following were defined:
- Employee or unemployed employee aged 18 years or over;
- Minimum compulsory education according to the date of birth or in the process of acquiring these qualifications or in the process of acquiring those qualifications;
- Listening, writing and reading Portuguese;
- Professional experience: professional experience is considered as a preferred criterion in the selection process;
- Motivation of frequency of action: this training being the overall objectives of strengthening the level of qualifications, we will try to emphasize the behaviors and attitudes evidenced by the candidates that reflect a manifest desire to improve their professional skills;
- Equal opportunities: in the selection process, we will seek to ensure gender equality, so in each training action we intend to integrate 50% of Men and 50% of Women.
The training action will be carried out by Trainers who, having been duly certified under the legislation in force – holders of the Certificate of Professional Competence (old CAP) – have in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge on Health, Hygiene and Safety at Work.